A project, program, or portfolio office (PMO) is the organizational foundation for best practices in project management.
INTRAWAY provides advisory services that help partners establish and run their own successful PMOs. Our PMO start-up services ensure the critical factors of project management are considered, including governance, resource allocation, and outcome facilitation. While following standard project success criteria of time, cost, and quality, UNOPS applies additional factors that ensure sustainable outcomes and approaches are incorporated into projects' design, planning, and running.
A PMO helps ensure that organizations use agreed-upon standards and best practices. It also provides crucial guidance for developing business cases, managing risks, and improving performance.
When setting up a PMO, UNOPS support can help an organization to increase:
- The number of projects delivering on time, within cost, and to quality targets
- The expected business value emphasizes the realization of successful outcomes
- The number of projects integrating sustainability considerations
- The sharing of skills and resources between tasks and programs
INTRAWAY takes a five-step approach to start up a PMO:
- Assess PM capacity and identify training needs
- Develop standards, templates, and tools, and create a transition roadmap
- Manage the change process and share the results of the new approach
- Develop an assurance process to support organizational change
- Gain formal accreditation by an internationally recognized body (optional)